Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual journal - Textures

After drawing the cubensis mushrooms and painting the spirit world, I have decided to get my visual journal going with laying some different spray paint textures down to spark off some new ideas of psychedelic imagery. In this journal I want to explore some new processes of image making and create some new aesthetics. I have chose to have a bit of a colour scheme running through my sketchbook and it is the two pinks and the turquoise in the photo below. These colours can create a very nice space effect and I think I will be further exploring my space effect textures along with collage and block colour to try and create something new.



Spraying and creating random textures is both fun and can help to generate new ideas and aesthetics that wouldn't usually happen without the initial confident and random application of colour.


I have fully covered the hard covers of my visual journal with my space effect texture. There will be much space textures contained within my journal so I thought that this was an appropriate response, plus its really fun and I enjoy doing it and it directly relates to the psychedelic concept of being interactive with the universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment