Wednesday 3 May 2017

End of module self evaluation

Learning Outcome
Evidenced where?
Blog, Visual Journal, Roughs, Final Illustrations, Storyboards, Development Sheets etc.  (No more than 75 words)
Your grade
Using words:
> poor, satisfactory, good, very good, excellent
5A1
Demonstrate a critical understanding of the aesthetic, cultural, historical, technological, social, political or other contexts relevant to individual subject disciplines. (Knowledge and understanding) (Research / critical awareness)
This has been evidenced on my blog of the research that has both fueled my essay and inspired my visual journal. I have developed a new critical understanding of my context in relation to aesthetic social and my individual subject. I have discovered a new knowledge and level of understanding of my project through various sources of research methods and this is shown throughout the progression of my blog
Good








5A2
Demonstrate an awareness of the relationship between the theoretical and practical contexts of their own creative concerns. (Knowledge and understanding) (problem analysis/definition)
I think this is addressed mainly throughout my essay. I Have discovered a subject that has its own creatives concerns in the world and I think I have developed a new awareness and understanding of this. I have analyzed a creative problem and continued to explore its concerns throughout the use of my blog, essay and visual journal.
Good
5B1
Evidence the ability to use logic, reasoning and critical judgement to analyse ideas from a range of primary and secondary sources. (Cognitive skills) (Critical awareness)
I have evidenced this with the use of my blog and essay that I have been able to use a good level of logic and critical judgement to analyze my ideas and identify the problems that need to be explored. I have also evidenced this thought the process of my visual response to this module as the ideas and themes I have explored has given me a new critical awareness of my selected subject.
Good
5C1
Evidence the capacity for undertaking practical and theoretical research that demonstrates an informed application of critical, effective and testable processes. (Practical and professional skills) (research)
This is mainly evidenced throughout my visual responses to the module and within my visual journal. I have demonstrated an informed practical application of testable and effective processes that has also been fueled by my research and critical understanding of my explored subject. The visual processes I have explored in this module are well informed and will  be continued to be developed further in my own practice.
Good
5D1
Organise and carry out self-directed projects and communicate outcomes through written and other appropriate forms. (Key transferable skills) (professionalism / technical competence / visual quality)
Organization was a difficult part of this module with other briefs running simultaneously, I have however developed and communicated my outcomes through written and other forms of communication visual communication. I have developed a new set of transferable skills that have been realized through processes of research and experimenting new media approaches.
Good


Summative Evaluation (See Evaluation Guidance on next page for more information)

You are required to write a 750 word Summative Evaluation of this module.
Please type up your Summative Evaluation in the box below. Make a PDF of the document and post the PDF as your final post on your OUIL501 blog.


My journey at the start of this module began with the research into entheogens and psychedelic substances. Before this I had a very surface level of information about my chosen subject. But from doing this i have learnt a lot of valuable knowledge that could help to develop and fuel my own creative practice. Drawing inspiration from a wider perspective of art forms and mindsets can really be beneficial to my development. This has also helped me because I now have a much better understanding on my favourite subject of art and in doing this my practice can only become much more well informed meaning it has the capability to gain new layers and depths that will allow me to communicate my ideas, opinions and beliefs more effectively. Which is an essential part of an artists career. I feel that this has been a crucial part of my progression and development because I have now, at the end of this module acquired a new range of aesthetics and approaches that will enable me to explore a more diverse range of creative outputs. At the end of this module I feel more confident in my own work and more certain about what direction I want to pursue in my own personal practice.

I think that during this module I have definitely gained a new range of visual methodologies toward media use in order to discover and create a new and original style that is also relevant to my subject of research and essay. The visual journal also helped me to approach different ways of thinking about composing an image through experimental development, this is because of the concertina style sketchbook. This was new way for me to develop fresh ideas and was a really effective way to be more loose and expressive with much of the visual journal. This also made it a very fun process so I will be making another concertina sketchbook in future projects for more expressive idea experiments and processes.

I enjoyed many parts of this brief when I finally got stuck into it, the research has been very helpful in many ways as well as the visual journal, but what I feel went the best is my new painted style of the spirit world with the wooden textures. These were the most enjoyable parts of this project and will be the idea and aesthetic I will be continuing to develop in my own personal practice and Cop 3 studies. Working with a pastel colour palette and bringing more less cliche psychedelic elements into my work will really enhance its potential and will have stronger connections with communicating spiritualism, entheogens and nature.

Blogging for this project has especially been useful because it has shown me the whole processes that I have undertaken throughout the module and the valuable skills I have acquired have been reflected on so that I can be as critical as possible and focus on the ways I can improve my practice. Blogging is definitely a useful tool in seeing a project unfold and develop. It allows me to further understand my decision making and approaches to new aesthetics.

I should have thoroughly engaged in this module at an earlier  stage to get a wider research base and also to allow myself more time to explore my visual journal. But i have learned from this because I really enjoyed the content and context of the module so I will be getting more involved with it during Cop 3 now i am more confident on the subject. I could also have managed my time better for the essay to develop, I was putting it off for a long time as essays always seem daunting to me but in fact I learned a lot of useful information and enjoyed writing about such a deep and interesting subject that is directly related to my own practice. Everything I have discovered within this module has really helped me to understand my own practice and has me excited to continuing this direction in cop 3.

I will be able to apply what I have learned during this module into both next years context of practices studies and in my own practice. But next Year I will be more consistently engaged with my research and visual journal. I will take forward my mindset of trying to create a new psychedelic aesthetic through experiments and combinations of media approaches whilst drawing inspiration form a wide source of artists and concepts. The things I have learned and developed have been incredibly helpful for me and this will only continue to be explored at level 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment