Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual journal - Further development


This is another colour test I have done to try and create a new psychedelic aesthetic. The combination  of collage and paint pens is pretty interesting. I like the vibrancy of the paint but I'm not sure how well it works with the collage. I don't think the colours in the objects are strong enough and are dulled down by the vibrancy of the paint. I may come back to this idea though as it still could be further explore somehow. Maybe I could have the space effect textures in some of the coloured sections?



These are two separate double pages in my visual journal. When I did this I has no intention that they would work together as an image. I didn't even design the flow of colour to meet up with each other but luckily it fits perfectly without any intention, and this is actually my favourite experiment, I think the simplicity of the image really adds effect to the composition and also the colours work well with each other. I am defiantly going to develop this idea further. I am going to approach this the same way I did with my latest collage. So there will be a combination of spray paint, collage and space textures to make a new outcome that is similar but also much more simplified.






This is the final double page of my visual journal. And this is a combination of the experiments that I have discovered along the way. This is the first image I have ever created that has four different uses of media. Collage, spray paint, hand painted space effect and paint pens have all gone into making this spacey/psychedelic piece. I really like the idea of simplifying the elects of my spirit world painting to create new outcome that is much more considered and refined, and I think this image shows that motion taking place. I will continue to further develop these processes in my own creative practice as I wish for my work to constantly have links to nature, space and psychedelics.

No comments:

Post a Comment