Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual journal - Spirit world collage

I have decided to experiment and further develop my spirit world collage and try something new. I haven't used the process of collage for a long time now and I wanted to explore some possible outcomes with this media. The use of media for me lately has been very diverse and i think that in order to get an original outcome you must be willing to experiment with new media processes to get a new aesthetic


Im having fun with this process of arranging the spirit world objects into new compositions. It is giving the possibility to create a new range of outcomes. Also this is helping me to think about how I can enhance my images on photoshop. I could have all of my work and textures hand made but then once scanned in and split into sections I could rearrange them in any way I want, and then I could also tamper with the hue and saturation to get an even more refined outcome. I have learnt how I can adapt my work in several processes by doing this.


With the process of collage it has helped me to imagine new compositions as I have more freedom as to where to place the objects and characters. I wouldn't usually think of these sort of compositions if it were just a painted version so this experimental process is allowing me to really explore more possible outcome with my existing work and how I can develop them further. 
The images I am working with to create a collage were not intended on being cut up into individual pieces so it doesnt work effectively with the entire image but it defiantly has the potential if all of the objects were drawn/painted individually and then fully arranged either as a collage or on photoshop. I really want to try this process at some point in the future.
I think the collaged images work pretty well with the space effect texture that I have created using spray paints. The combination of media seem to have an effective outcome that instantly communicates the ideas of spiritualism and psychedelia. I have designed this trippy scene across three double pages in my sketchbook so it can either be viewed as one big image or also as three separate double pages.

Throughout my visual journal I am intending on experimenting as much as possible with a range of media and also just an overall approach to how I usually work. I want this journal to be very loose and to not be too careful and considered. This is because I have realised that in order to create a new aesthetic one must do something that is out of the comfort zone and that have a few elements of risk, So for me to be testing and experimenting new possible psychedelic outcomes will be a good way for me to respond to the research taken place for this project on psychedelic creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment