Tuesday 2 May 2017

Spirit world sketches

After my first attempt of the spirit world painting, I realised that there was a lot that needed to be changed in order to make it a more original and visually pleasing design. So the next step is for me to do some roughs so I can figure out some composition variations. I am also doing roughs to see if i can bring new objects and elements into this psychedelic painting. The good thing about making psychedelic artwork is that there can be an element of randomness within the work so I am also trying to get that aspect aswel.





Just these small sketches are all I need for me to visualise a brand new outcome that can be then translated into a finalised painting. Roughing and sketching this is really going to help me to compose a more well informed and refined design.
Im still going for the similar scene as the first painting but I'm going to do my next one as a landscape to try and fit in some more mountain ranges and get a better view of nature. I also want to bring a wider range of animals into this to reinforce the strong connection to nature that one experiences on psychedelics.

No comments:

Post a Comment