Tuesday 2 May 2017

Spirit world painting 2

I am attempting to further develop this
spirit world painting style and really push the possibilities with this. I really enjoyed painting the last one so I want to try and refine this for a more well informed outcome.

I have decided to paint this one onto wood, this is to achieve a more natural looking image that has stronger connections to nature. Drawing onto wood definitely makes it a more difficult process because its harder to see the lines but I know the final outcome will be worth it.



I am very pleased with this outcome and I think its is already a big improvement from my last attempt  to paint the spirit world. For this I have hardly used the ready mixed paint pens because the colours are too harsh. For this painting I have mixed all my own colours making them pastels which is much easier on the eyes and has much better balance, I also think the pastel colours work more effectively with the wood textures for creating the natural aesthetic I am aiming for. I wanted to make this different to Asakura Kouhei's work and more of my own so I have added my space effect into this. I really think it separates and pops the colours out and adds a new layer of depth. Plus it adds to the psychedelic subject. I have also added a tentacle and some mushrooms in to reinforce that it is a psychedelic experience that the meditator is undergoing. 

Ive had so much fun with this painting and I want to continue to explore its possibilities so my aim is to make another spirit world painting but maybe on a darker wood texture?

No comments:

Post a Comment