Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual journal - Developing spirit world collage

Now I have tested and experimented with some new aesthetics, I thought that now is a good time to combine some of the outcomes into one refined image. I have had the thought of using spray paint textures, my space effect and collage to create a new aesthetic. Using this wide range of media approach should allow my work to take new directions that will reinforce the psychedelic concepts.






The separation of space effect and the spray painted textures really give the scene more depth.
I think this is a big improvement from my last collage piece. This is because my first attempt had the space effect as the whole background, but now in this new one the space has been separated so there is now a night sky and the trippy colours underneath the mountain range. Just adding these new  elements to existing ideas can really push them into being something new and original that also communicates the theme more effectively. I have now discovered the power of experimentation especially through media approaches and this will definitely come into good use for future projects and in my own personal practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment