Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual journal - The spirit world painting

This pen painted image was originally made for my 505 studies as an experiment with the theme of shamanism, however after doing this I realised that this would be more suited to my context of practice project so I have decided to continue this style of the spirit world to run as a response to my essay. 



As you can see I have taken much reference from Askakura but I have added some new elements into it such as the meditating man. I want these paintings to depict a person undergoing a psychedelic experience and this is a exaggerated visualisation of the world of spirits that one becomes closer to under the influence of entheogen's. Within this new painting style I want to explore more aspects of nature and include some of my own elements into this to make it seem more trippy, maybe my space effect or even some tentacles. I also think that this vibrant colour scheme is a little to out of control and doesnt have much harmony. I intend to explore and refine this to make a more professional outcome that better represents the spiritual aspects of a psychedelic experience.


 edits



Just by altering the hue and saturation on photoshop I am able to get a wide range of variations of the same painting. I actually like some of the outcomes, maybe even more than the original. This has helped me realise that I need to soften my colour palette if I want to get a more natural and harmonious image. I will explore this in my next painting. I also think this could make a nice trippy gif out of the different colour variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment