Tuesday 2 May 2017

Visual Journal - Mushrooms


I want my visual journal to simply explore different aspects of psychedelics and also how they are communicated through different art forms.
I have started by drawing a big field of cubensis mushrooms. These are very famous psychedelic mushrooms that were made famous by Terrence McKenna. As the mushroom entheogen is one of the most widely used that has got some of the most beneficial effects that relate to creativity, I will be focusing on mushrooms and psilocybin throughout my visual journal and my essay.
 I originally intended on adding a range of vibrant colours to this but I have decided to just leave it as a drawing. I suspect that my journal will be filled with colour so I'm just leaving this in pencil. Drawing and observing this has helped me to understand its form which will help me to further understand the psychedelic mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment