Tuesday 2 May 2017

Artist reference and inspiration

For a while now I have loved Asakura Kouhei's paintings. The pastel colours he uses work in such harmony across the page. His painted view on nature is very beautiful and unique. Ever since I first saw his work a few years ago I have wanted to try and create something that has similar qualities.


Looking at this work has given me new ideas on how I can communicate the psychedelic experience into my artwork, and that is adding more aspects of nature into my designs. A big part of a psychedelic experience is becoming more in tune and interactive with nature so this will fit perfectly into my theme.

I also like this idea of painting onto bits of wood and maybe I will leave parts out so there are textures of the wood showing through to get a more natural aesthetic, along with the harmonious colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment