Thursday 18 January 2018

Sketches - Thumbnails


After discovering the power of festivals with art and psychedelic culture, I have been drawn to fleshing out some ideas of possible festival posters. This is always the best and most efficient part of how I approach a design. Especially now that I am trying to bring new aesthetics to my work from drawing inspiration from various artists and also wanting to explore different media. This is going to be quite a crucial stage of my practical research. 





I have had some ideas for the festival OZORA and We are one. I think these are nice festival names to act as a starting point for my visual outcome. 

I defiantly want some sort of character to be explored in my practical so I'm trying to figure out ways in which i can do this. I want the character to look mystical and mysterious.





I am now starting to understand my practice much more and what ways of working is best for me. Roughs and sketches are defiantly a useful tool when composing an image and it is the best way for me to get a sense of that I will be creating. However I don't think it is useful for me to be constantly roughing different ideas and compositions. The best way for me to work is to learn through doing. I always change my final image as I am working on it and make instinctive decisions as I am going. I think this can sometimes make more unique aesthetics and colour schemes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment