Thursday 18 January 2018

Refining ideas


I have started to refine a few of my ideas and bring new elements into this project. The Practical of this project is suppose to be communicating the psychedelic so I will be trying to show this through colour, character, space and randomness of composition and objects. This might be bit more difficult for me to explore as it will be going out of my comfort zone of aesthetic, but I need to do this in order to develop further.


I want to include some sort of feminine being or deity in my final outcome as this is a good way to make a spiritual or psychedelic concept more relatable.


I have done this using paint pens and I am putting a stop on this media approach for the rest of this project. It isn't creating anything new for me and it is now becoming really restricting. This has been my primary aesthetic for a while now and is becoming to obvious for me now and I'm not learning anything new or developing by sticking to this way of working. 

I am glad I have done this because it has shown me that I need to switch up my approach and gather what I have discovered from my artist research and apply that to my own. especially with the media use and the level of visual depth and complexities. It is the best way for me to evolve so no more bold graphic paint pens and more texture and depth.



This drawing is a possible design for the festival we are one. I had an idea of making an image that represents people together at a festival in a collectively shared psychedelic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment