Thursday 18 January 2018

Artist research - Moebius


  Moebius is one of the most influential comic book artists of all time. He created a new aesthetic that has revolutionised the comic book world. Moebius is also a well known advocate of the psychedelic experience so I am thinking about using him as reference within my essay.


Moebius is known for his psychedelic landscapes and compositions that include vibrant and harmonious colour pallets. It is clear to me that Moebius has been using the psychedelia as a tool for his own creativity. Moebius combines fantasy, spiritual, geometrical, sci-fi and much more into his complex images. 
I am truly inspired from looking at his work and I want to figure out ways in which I can bring elements of his style into my own.
My work is usually very flat and bold, but I am wanting to change the approach and maybe use some different medias to try and bring some new elements into my practice.

Getting more random with objects could be a good start.



The comic book scenes that Moebius creates has made me want to explore more with different landscapes and bring depth to my work. Also, I really like the way he uses selective colour which is something I should consider when I'm designing my final images.




I want this project to be visually well informed and through studying Moebius and drawing inspiration from his work will help to elevate my existing practice. 
I want to get more weird and wonderful but also more considered and through understanding different artists work, I will be able to develop my own style and aesthetic that is recognisable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment