Thursday 18 January 2018

Research - Psychotherapy


Psychedelic psychotherapy is something that is becoming much more recognised in our society. The use of psychedelic substances are known and are proven to be possibly beneficial in treating a wide spectrum of mental disorder such as Anxiety, depression, PTSD, trauma and much more. LSD, Mescaline, Psilocybin and DMT are all used as an alternative way to healing people. It has been used for thousands of years by shamans and is being rediscovered today.

This context of psychedelics is essential because it is showing the power they have and how they can impact society. As wanting to explore psychedelic art in my own practice it is very important for me to be aware of the different aspects of these substances so I am more informed. Having this extended knowledge of the subject will make it easier for me to show it in my artwork.



No comments:

Post a Comment