Thursday 18 January 2018

Research - Books

I have bought these two books to assist me with this project and my understanding of the psychedelic experience. Reading is a therapeutic way to gain new knowledge of a subject and I will be using these books to help me with my essay. 



I will be using this book to help with the visual development of my project. This book extensively shows how psychedelics have been used with visionary artwork since the 60's. With the uses of analogue and digital media, psychedelic artwork has blown up since the birth of LSD and has impacted the way artists create work. Aesthetics of any artwork is such a big factor and this book of the emergence and development of psychedelic artwork is perfect for my studies, both visually and conceptually. 



Timothy Leary was one of the worlds most famous psychedelic advocates especially LSD. This book 'The psychedelic experience' is great for me and conceptually understanding specific parts of the psychedelic experience. I will be using this to help with the studies of this project and my own personal practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment