Thursday 18 January 2018

Final psychedelic image

This is the finalised psychedelic design for this research project. I personally think that this could be my most well informed and refined piece. I am very happy with the final outcome of this. The use of water colour, paint pens, crayons, felt tips and paint has allowed me to get a diverse range of colour depth and texture. This is something new to my practice and I think it is an essential turning point as to how I will be approaching future designs. Geometric shapes, space and planets, sacred geometry, landscape, character, depth and colour have all been explored to create this. I think the character in this image really draws the attention and give the image more reliability. The shapes that leave the frame really add another dimension of depth to the overall aesthetic as it acts as an optical illusion. This something I will continue to explore. Bringing my different psychedelic styles together has proven to be successful in creating a more random and complex image which was what I originally intended.
I have tried to design an image that works in conjunction to my theoretical research and essay. I intended on designing an image that reflects upon the concept that psychedelics can allow more creativity to flow. I decided to not put any direct and obvious links to drugs or mushrooms and have been more subtle in my approach. I am definitely going to continue this way of working into my personal and professional practice.









No comments:

Post a Comment