Thursday 18 January 2018

Artist research - Calliefinkart

This is an artist that I have recently discovered on instagram. I was instantly drawn to her unique psychedelic style. The textures and depths and use of vibrant colours really make her work appealing. She also uses a lot of geometry, character and spiritual/psychedelics in her work which makes her a great artist for this project.




Again this is making me want to get more diverse with my compositions making them more complicated and random. This may not be a generic approach to illustration but I feel that for me personally it is something that I need to explore and integrate into my own work.



She uses crayons and copic markers and this is something I am defiantly going to start including into my work. I am becoming bored and restricted with my usual media approach of using paint pens so I am hoping this will help me to diversify my aesthetic to help it evolve into something more balanced and harmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment