Thursday 18 January 2018

Research - Festival culture

Festivals are a great way for humans to come together and connect. Festival culture has been a big part of creative expression. It has also played a big role in the emergence of psychedelic drugs so festivals can be a good way for me to understand my theme more in depth.  

Woodstock is a great example of a historical festival that has effected society greatly. This was also partly because of the use of LSD was introduced which made people want to be more free and expressive.  To this day psychedelics are commonly used at festivals and some festivals are designed to specifically appeal to psychedelic users. Ozora is a good example of this.

Festivals bring together all forms of creativity. Art, music, food and much more. It is the perfect platform and I am looking to immerse myself into this culture. 

I painted at a festival last year and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The people and the energy made it a memorable event and this has made me want to carry this on throughout my practice.







No comments:

Post a Comment